Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 6 and 7 of 30 paintings in 30 days

"GreenLeaf" Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 9 inches
Day 6                                 Available at DPWs
        30 paintings in 30 days


Painting flowers are just a way to have a wonderful time. 
I always feel like I am in a giant play box of colors and shapes.  Day 6 “Green Leaf” is imaginary flowers play reds off of green.  


"A Bundle of Roses"  Acrylic on canvas. 12 x 6 inches
                                                Available at DPWs
 Day 7

I wanted to go more abstract, not defining the flowers as much but still creating the feel of a bundle of blooms.  

   Both of these were painted on color prepped canvas which actually made a wonderful foundation to work from.  If you want to see how I prep a canvas please check out my youtube video about canvas prep.

Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment