Sunday, September 22, 2013

Light and Dark

Day 22, thought about skipping to painting to today, but this daily painting is really becoming a habit.  Trying to avoid my paint brushes just did not feel right.
"Fire Fade", 6 x 6 inches, Acrylic on wood panel
                                                                                                                Available at DPWs
I started this painting focusing on the light and dark to capture a setting sun over a lake.  A site I know very well living in Michigan.  As I worked on it I realized it is not just the light, dark, or fire like colors, the size and shapes are just as important.  The bright light distorts objects.  Branches tend to twist and warp in the light.  This one of those things you see but don't see.  Feel like a my eyes opened a little wider today.
Mary
Schiros_Art

No comments:

Post a Comment