Monday, February 2, 2015

Snow day

Last night we got about a foot and half of snow.  What is not to love about Michigan :)
Lucky for me I had nowhere I had to be today.  So what do you do when you are snowed in....
paint!!!
    This where I stopped for today.
18 x 18 inches, Acrylic on canvas
Going to think about it for a while, before I decide if it is finished yet.  When I decide it will be added to my web site at Daily Paint Works.  But for right now it is time to just hang it and think about it.
    Thought I would share the steps, layers, that got me to this point.  
I started with base colors, flexible modeling paste, and really only the thought of sky.  I wanted some wild texture to the first layer.

The mid point I let the texture dictate the ground.  Nature is not perfect, and I wanted this to be part of the painting.  If you think about painting every blade of grass the way you think it should be, reality is lost.  Interesting thought that a little chaos and abstraction is more real than planned perfection.  Ok that was a little deep, hope I do not get a head ache now.
    Anyways, just thought I would share.  Off to texture some more canvas before the roads are cleared here.
Mary
Schiros-art.com


No comments:

Post a Comment