Thursday, January 29, 2015

Lessons learned

Day 29 of 30 paintings in 30 days
Today I want to share somethings I have learned while selling art.  This painting is an example of one.
      1.  Before you list a painting to sell, make sure your significant other will not mind.  This painting is called "Shadow 2".   When I was boxing up "Shadow 1"  my husband was a bit upset...found out he really liked the painting.  So I ended up painting one just for him.
      2.  When you are getting ready to box a painting that is sold, make sure it has the hanging wire on it.  Yep I has sent at least one out forgetting the wires on back.
      3.  When you do remember to wire up the back of the painting, make sure the picture is right side up.  This one is for my friend Janice,  your picture is on the way but it may be upside down....sorry :(
     4.  When you have an internet sale always confirm the client sent you the current address they are at.  Yep that has happened to me too.  If you use paypal there is a note on your sales status that says address confirmed....good idea to check and see that the note is there.
     5.  If you are reusing a box for shipping,  make sure any old labels or barcodes are covered, so it gets to the correct location.  This one I haven't done, but know someone that this did happen to.

   Just thought some of these tips would help.  Thanks for reading.
Mary
Schiros-art.com

2 comments:

  1. Nice cat painting Mary and good tips to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I am laughing, because those all sound like something I would do. I was a framer, and I have put the wire upside down, more than once. hahaha

    ReplyDelete