Thursday, January 1, 2015

"A Stand of Blue"  Oil, unframed, 14 x 11 inches

           
    Today starts the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge by Leslie Saeta.  I have been doing these challenges from the very first one, even have a separate page on this blog with post from the challenges.  So I decided to keep going and do this one.
    The game plan for this month is simple, play, paint, and play some more.  Each day I will do a painting, it may be a finished work, or simply and idea that may get worked up into another painting. I plan to share them all, either as a main part of my blog or as a general posting on the 30 paintings in 30 days tab.
    Today is a finished work in oil on 300 lb arches watercolor paper that was pre gessoed.  This started out as a test of 2 new tubes of paint, an umber and a new brand of cobalt blue, but quickly progressed to a finished work with additional colors of yellow and orange.  What I like about this one is the vase has a sassy look to it.  Looks like a lady with her hand on her hip ready to tell you what you don't know:)
Mary
Schiros-Art

No comments:

Post a Comment