Thursday, January 17, 2013

A summer morning

Walk Around.  oil on wood panel, 10 x 8 inches
         Available at DPWS  

                         Day 16 of 30 paintings in 30 days



    I do not live in a city, but a quiet neighborhood where it is not unusual to grab a coffee in the morning, while still wearing a bathrobe, and talk to the neighbor over the fence about the weather or what we plan to do for the day.  This painting is one of those summer mornings.  It is funny my husband says it looks like a sad painting, but to me it reflects my reality.  I find it odd the different views people have on a subject sometimes, but again that is part of reality.  When painting this I wanted to leave the women’s face undefined so she could be anyone. 


Mary
      Schiros_art 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment