Sunday, July 28, 2013

Why

"Strides", Oil on canvas, 14 x 11 inches
Available at FineArtAmerica

Thought I would share my latest painting, and some thoughts about it.  I found some figures that were part of a statue that really caught my attention, enough that I felt the need to try and paint a version of them myself.  I was not until I had finished that painting and was viewing, I could understand the meaning.
     Two female figure reaching and running in different direction.  I saw myself trying to run from myself, something that happens in life.  But the two figures almost form one form.
    With age there is some wisdom, I can not run from myself, I am who I am and can at times accept that.  No mater how far I reach, or how long my stride, I can not run from myself. I am who I am.

    Just sharing my thoughts for the day.
Mary
 

No comments:

Post a Comment