Thursday, April 11, 2013

WORKING IN 3s


Acrylic on canvas, 14 x 11 inches



     I have been trying to work in series of three this year.
  Most of the time that involves painting a theme three times, each picture different, yet related in subject. This time I decided to paint the same subject 3 times. 
     I put a bundle of Chrysanthemums in a bottle and started painting.
They all started out pretty much alike and only varied toward the end of my painting section.  What I noticed that the flowers were an abundant portion of the paintings. As I finished each one, that changed slightly.  In one I actually shrunk the flowers by pulling in more of the dark back ground color, in another I tried to balance the volume of flowers by adding a pear in at the bottom. The original painting I left as it was.
     Painting is all about learning with each canvas you do, this turned out to be a good learning session, being pleased with each one.   This could be something to try and see what you can discover from it.

14 x 11 acrylic on canvas

6 x 6 on acrylic on panel
                        Available on DPWs


Mary
Schiros_Art








No comments:

Post a Comment