Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sharing a Memory

"Memories"


Set up outside starting painting, raw canvas clipped over a 2 x 4 foot wood board.


The last few good flowers 

 
   I am sharing a personal story today.  About a week ago my wonderful greyhound Maggie passed away.  She was a retired racing greyhound we adopted when she was finished racing.  Maggie was a sweet and wonderful pet.  We lost her to a stroke.
The day she passed away I had to work third shift at the hospital, and needless to say it was a long sad night for me.  In the morning when I was headed home I was in tears because I knew it would be the first day in a long time that I would not be greeted at the door with a happy dog waiting.  When I got home I opened the door and on a table waiting for me was a jar full of carnations and chocolates, my husband had set it up so I would still come home to a welcome feeling, he is a very thoughtful man and I really appreciated it.
   Today the week flowers were wilting, a few blooms still hanging in there.  I separated the good ones and set up my canvas and paints outside.  Spent the day painting what I call
“Memories”.  Thought I would share the out come, a 4 foot by 2 foot still life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment