Saturday, March 16, 2013

2 colors x 2 objects = 4 paintings

Tea and Fruit, 10 x 8 inches, oil on canvas


     I had planned to do a little warm up painting today and then go on to something else.  Didn’t go as planned, but that was OK.  The plan was to section off a 16 x 20 inch canvas sheet and paint 4 small paintings with just 2 colors Cadmium Orange and Cobalt Blue and White (I don't count white as a color).  Well I did just that, but spent more time on them than I had planned.
    As I got into painting my interest turned to how I could use the colors differently in each section. What started as a warm up ended up being an all day study.  Thought I would share the pictures of the process.  




 The one at the top of the blog is my favorite, here are the other 3.....

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment