Monday, August 22, 2011

My Clean up turned into ink


Clean up…almost

Well at least I attempted to clean up the work area today.  Paint brushes stacked, paper sorted, then on to notebooks.  The notebooks got me.  You know how it is, you sit down for just a minute to take a look at those old sketches and 3 hours later a whole new project is in process. 
   Found a sketch book, I took to the art museum last summer, and in it were really rough sketches of some old clay statues.  Yes I carry sketch books with me especially for visiting museums. In the book I had drawings of two very odd looking dogs, that were re-sparked my interest.  My brushes were all neatly put away, and paints sorted and put up, BUT   the ink markers were still loose and just daring me to get into them.
    So I used the images from the old sketches and lost the rest of the afternoon to art.
When I teach classes, I tell my students to save any drawings that look interesting even though they maybe rough or un-finished, because you never know when they will serve as inspiration, or at least stop you from over cleaning your studio.
   the page from my notebook 
In paint black paint marker on watercolor paper
Did the basic out line in an orange watercolor marker (love starting any art work with orange) then finished with black marker


Two more sketches to work up with ink....I will never get my studio clean....(like I care)

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful! Thanks for including so many photos...they helped me imagine your process from sketch to inked drawing. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete