Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Inspiration from the tube

Acrylic on watercolor paper, 16 x 20 inches, Over the Shoulder
Available at Daily Paint Works

We are bombarded by imagery every where, not by just what is around us, but also from television and movies.  If you are like me TV drives me crazy, mainly the over load of commercials.  But with the nifty invention of the remote and the DVR those can be passed over.  The second thing that is handy about the DVR, is the pause button.  Often there is a scene with a beautiful location, or a face just perfectly shadowed that just yells paint me.  Well pause at that scene and start sketching.  Occasionally a movie that is totally about art, will drop in to your lap, that is full of inspiration.  The movie “World of Art” is one of those.  If your a painter take some time and check it out on YouTube.  While watching that movie I did several sketches that I am working up into paintings, thought I would share the sketches and a couple of the paintings so far. 




Mary
Schiros_Art


No comments:

Post a Comment