Friday, December 14, 2012

What you see and more

Red Vase III,  16 x 12 inches, Acrylic on 300 lb watercolor paper


     I will often mention that the painting I enjoy the most is painting what I see. 
That can be outside or a set up on a table.  But having said that, those paintings will not be photo like images in paint of what I see.  I may paint the subject, but change the color, mood, even leave out some of the content.
     This is an example, the set up contained more objects than I thought were needed.
The color changes were due to necessity, because on site I had a limited choice of acrylic paint colors.  But, I think that a limited color range is just a fun puzzle to figure out, and enjoyed this one even more because of it.
   So remember you’re the artist and that give you “artistic license”, use and enjoy that license.
Nice set up, but like my version better;)

Mary
Schiros_Art

No comments:

Post a Comment