Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Just Do IT!

Acrylic on paper 20 x 16 inches "The Climb"


    Most of you know I try to paint or draw everyday.  When I suggest that to students and friends the first comment I get is, “I just don’t have enough time to do that”.  But, the truth is we really do, who can’t find 5 or ten minutes to put something on paper?  That is really all the time it takes sometimes. 
    The problem is what to do in that five or ten minutes.  We probably spend more time than that just thinking about what to do.  Well then don’t think, just pick up a pen or brush and start making some marks…really!  My favorite media for quick work is a small goat hair brush, some ink, and plain old printer paper.  A few brush strokes with ink will trigger ideas, or at the least some interesting designs.
    The pics here are from yesterdays 10 minute play with ink time.  I started with some random marks, then realizing I was sitting on the edge of a stool about ready to tip over.  I decided to try and capture that movement with the brush (see ideas come from strange places sometimes).  Today I picked one of the ink drawings and decided to work it up in acrylic, and plan to do more of these in the next few days. 
  Hope you enjoy the examples.


Yep this is me about to fall of my painting stool :)


No comments:

Post a Comment