Friday, July 3, 2009

Staying on track







I am trying to stay on track with my figure drawings. I pulled out a one minute drawing that I liked and plan to do at least 12 paintings from it. So far I have about 4 and it is amazing how different each one turns out. The paintings so far are ink on hot press paper, but after 12 are done, 2 or 3 will be worked up to acrylics on canvas.

This is another way to work around the “what do I do now” mode that often attacks us as artists. This may appear to be work but it is really turning out to be fun and an easy project to work on.


1 comment:

  1. so glad I wandered over from wetcanvas. What a brilliant idea! I'm gratefull, as I have no idea what to do with those 1min.poses, and also suffer from the 'what to do next' syndrome.
    These are lovely.

    ReplyDelete